Technology is creating and shaping our present and our future. For students to become independent, collaborative and self-motivated learners, they need to be skilled in its use and applications in their daily social and working lives.
The preferred device in the College is a “Chromebook” platform.
- If you are considering purchasing a new chromebook, options will be updated mid Term 3
- If you already have a Chromebook a small licencing fee applies to register the device to the network.
If you already have an iPad you will not need to purchase a Chromebook as 2019/20 will be a transition period to Chromebooks.
St Pauls Catholic College encourages each student to stretch the boundaries of their individual capabilities. As well as collaboration, creativity, discussion, and research, a strong emphasis is placed on the use of resources and technology to help stimulate independent thinking and to equip our students with 21st century skills, specifically:
- critical thinking
- student-centred learning practice
- working collaboratively
- learning to share in ethical ways
- shared knowledge construction
- problem solving
The information below provides an overview of the BYOD program, how it works, acceptable use and how to get set up.